Online SMART Classroom at LUMS – A Case Study
The Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) is a world-class academic institution with a proud history of achievement and ambitious plans for the future. Rausing Executive Development Centre (REDC) offers non-degree professional development programs for leaders and managers. Led by LUMS accomplished faculty members, learning solutions are available at an executive level through open programs, and at an organizational level through custom programs.
REDC were facing challenges to continue their programs and completethe courses as per the academic calendar due to COVID-19. Students were also on risk to attend the classes physically. They then decided to bring through REDX Online Executive Education and contacted Orient AV to provide solution which could meet their requirement.
Orient AV (Pvt) Ltd. provided integrated SMART Classroom solution comprises of Minrray Auto Tracking Camera, Lecture Capture PTZ Camera, Video Wall and Wireless Headsets. This all setup has been installed at REDC classroom and concern professors give lecture through this setup in the classroom which is integrated with Zoom application to the students online.
UN462VA – Extreme Narrow Bezel, SVA Video Wall Display
- Easy to install – it’s simple to get your display up and running with its out-of-the-box calibrated picture pre-sets, managing colour settings and uniformity controlled by the SpectraView Engine — not to mention its simple, software-free calibration capabilities.
- Accelerate your video wall configuration – set up your wall in no time with the display’s powerful configuration capabilities, which include Auto ID/IP, Auto Tile Matrix, and Tile-/Frame Compensation. Enjoy flawless playback across your entire video wall.
- Long-lasting continuous pictures – align your display with powerful calibration capabilities. Use the white copy function, colour drift correction, uniformity control, self-calibration and validation to create a continuous surface across multiple screens that gives the appearance of one, seamless wall.
- Reliable image reproduction – best suited for static image reproduction with reliable accuracy in mission critical applications. Our PVA panel technology makes sure you have the best viewing experience with excellent contrast and black level.
- Enhanced imaging performance – advanced settings of all relevant visual parameters allow full control of brightness, colour, gamma and uniformity via the SpectraView Engine for precise, natural images.
- Future Ready with Open Modular Intelligence Expansion – upgrade the power of your display at any time by seamlessly integrating one of NEC’s options for OPS Slot-in PCs, Raspberry Pi compute modules or signal interfaces for content feed and computing.
- Safe and secure displays – each display is EMC class-B certified and ideally suited for critical emission environments that require safer standards than other displays do.
VA200 – All in One USB Video Conference Camera with Built-in Mic & Speaker
- It adopts 1/2.8 inch, 2.07 megapixel high quality CMOS sensor. Resolution is up to 1920×1080.
- 10x zoom lens, with 72.5 ° wide view angle without distortion.
- Low Noise CMOS effectively ensure high SNR of camera video. Advanced 2D/3D noise reduction technology is also used to further reduce the noise, while ensuring image sharpness.
- Adopting high accuracy step motor and motor driving controller to make extremely quiet and smooth rotation.
- Multiple Audio/Video Compression Standard.
- Support H.264/H.265 video compression.
- Support AEC(Acoustic Echo Cancellation, AGC(Automatic Gain Control), NC(Bidirectional noise compression), Automatic Direction finding Technology of Intelligent microphone(EMI), Zero damage compression in vocal full frequency domain
- Built-in 4 single-point microphones, composed of 360-degree omni-directional audio-pickup, 6m sound-pickup diameter, external microphone is available, up to 10m sound-pickup diameter.
- USB plug-and-play, supports various online conference software platforms such as WeChat, Skype for Business, Zoom, Vidyo, etc.
- Support Windows, Andriod, IOS and Linux
- Support Bluetooth connection and hands-free conference calls on mobile phones.
- Speaker volume reaches 95dB, digital adjustment for 16 levels speaker volume.
- Built-in infrared receivers. The IR remote controller is available for every corner of the conferencing site.
- Built-in Up/Down, Left/Right, Answer, Hang up, Bluetooth, Pre-sets, and other keys
- Centralized connecting with the centralized controller VA200-H, the wiring is simpler and nicer.
- Easy to use, install and maintain.
MC342X – XGA Multimedia Projector
- Up to 15,000 hour lamp reduces maintenance requirements and lowers total cost of ownership
- 16,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- Broad 1.2 x zoom range gives installers more options when choosing a mounting location
- Dual HDMI inputs ensure quick switching between inputs
- USB Viewer allows you to present without a PC using a USB flash drive
- Powerful 16W speaker provides volume needed for large rooms
- ECO Mode™ technology helps extend lamp life and lowers power consumption
- LCD technology provides brilliant, colorful and engaging images
- Keystone and Cornerstone ensure the image fills the screen properly from almost any angle
- Built-in MultiPresenter functionality allows for screen sharing of up to 16 devices simultaneously via a wired or wireless connection (wireless requires NP05LM1). (Win, MAC, Android, iOS) (No Internet access or WAN required)
- NaViSet Administrator 2: Free software solution that greatly eases administration and management of larger display device installations
X555UNV – Ultra Narrow Bezel S-IPS Video Wall Display
- Reduced Installation and Operating Costs – featuring LED backlight technology the display is highly energy efficient with a low power consumption, longer backlight lifetime and a lighter design for easy and flexible transportation, mounting and integration.
- Native UHD Daisy Chaining through DisplayPort 1.2 Multistreaming – enables the user to create UHD videowalls with either a single UHD image or 4 different Full HD sources.
- Auto Tile Matrix – for a complete auto set up for videowalls. Save time and cost by configuring one display in order to complete the set up for the entire wall.
- Frame Comp – supports a seamless appearance and shows the content without any interruption, creating one stunning image by synchronising the content across the wall.
- Reliable colour reproduction – due to 10-bit colour performance with amazing viewing angles and hardware calibratable LUT for accurate image presentation.
- Unique NEC heat management – enables the user to monitor and control the heat inside the display with user controllable fans. Heat management is crucial for larger walls and mission critical installations to secure reliability and longevity.
- Free Download of Multi-Display Management Software – with NaViSet Administrator 2 you can manage all your connected display devices from a centralized location
About Orient AV (Pvt.) Ltd.
Orient AV a leading provider of innovative IT, Displays Solution and SMART Classroom Solutions, offers the widest range of products on the market. Such as commercial and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, desktop LCD monitors, direct view LED displays, a diverse line of multimedia projectors, and integrated display solutions. Benefiting from the technologies of NEC Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., Orient AV provides leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets. Including education, retail, transportation, broadcast, enterprise, healthcare, and many more. For additional information about NEC Displays products in Pakistan, call +92 42 37233051, or visit our website at https://orientav.com/. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.